The Fine Print
These instructions provide important information and guidelines for the care of the gemstones and setting of your special Mociun piece. We recommend reading this entire guide for repair and warranty information.
Caring for your Mociun jewelry begins with mindfulness: knowing when to put it on, when to take it off, and when to have it serviced professionally. Our instructions were created specifically for Mociun pieces, but are applicable to all fine jewelry. As a general rule, we advise our clients: If you would not wear a silk blouse or dress to do an activity, it is a good idea to set aside your jewelry as well. Mociun is always available to consult with you about any care questions. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on your lifestyle and occupation, consider removing your jewelry during working hours. Contact with potentially damaging materials can be a daily reality. Professionals in the food, art, or medical industries, for example, may use their hands much more actively than those with office jobs. Please consider our care instructions while deciding whether your workplace is an appropriate environment for your new jewelry.
Although it can be tempting to wear your jewelry all the time, please remove all pieces when:
• Exercising: any strenuous activity including cardio, yoga, lifting weights, swimming, etc. These activities, particularly ones using your hands, put pressure on your pieces, causing them to bend, warp, or for stones to become loose in their settings. Chlorinated water can also react chemically with metals, changing the color, weakening settings, or pitting gold. Something as simple as extended time in water can harm jewelry, even if the damage is not immediately apparent.
• Showering or bathing. Hard water, shampoos, and conditioners can become stuck behind settings, causing damage to your pieces. Soap scum can be hard to remove and causes jewelry to look discolored and grimy.
• Sleeping. The extended heat and pressure that occurs during sleep can wreak havoc on delicate and fine jewelry. Keep a jewelry-appropriate container next to your bed so that you can remove your pieces every night.
• Applying perfumes, lotions, oils, makeup, or hair products. Products can build up on the jewelry, damaging certain stones, dulling their appearance, and requiring more frequent cleaning.
• Cooking, baking, or doing dishes. These activities can cause debris to become lodged in settings and diminish the appearance of your pieces.
• Cleaning, especially with bleach or other harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals such as bleach can pit metals and weaken settings, causing stone loss.
• Gardening. The pressure from holding gardening tools can cause damage to settings even when wearing gloves. Removing your pieces before gardening also ensures that they remain free from dirt and debris.
• Painting, throwing pottery, or play. These activities are best done with your jewelry safely out of the way.
Avoiding impact, pressure, and extreme temperatures is crucial to promoting the longevity of your jewelry. Gold, gemstones, and even diamonds can chip, crack, scuff, or become scratched if knocked hard enough. Special attention should be paid to stones in prong settings where the prongs can snag or bend on garments and other surfaces. Be mindful that gold is softer as the karat count increases (i.e. 18k gold is softer than 14k).
Do not wear your earrings if the backs are too loose from wear. Mociun is happy to tighten loose backs free of charge. We also offer screw-back posts if you’d prefer a little extra security. Please inquire with our store staff for screw-back pricing.
Checking for loose gemstones For any pieces with stones, especially rings, we recommend having the tightness of the stones checked regularly by a professional. Depending on the amount of wear the piece receives, stones should be checked every four to six months. Stones should also be checked more frequently at home. You can use a simple pinhead to gently tap the surface and sides of the stone and see if they move. We also recommend listening for loose stones by holding your piece between your thumb and middle finger next to your ear while gently striking it with your index finger. We are happy to provide a virtual demonstration for these techniques upon request. If even one stone is moving, refrain from wearing the piece until it can be tightened. We are happy to provide a virtual demonstration of this method.
Micro pavé set stones require extra care from their owner to prevent loss. Stones should be checked at least every month, until you get used to the frequency with which your piece requires service. Never wear a micro pavé piece that has a loose or missing stone, as it’s highly likely that there is at least one other loose stone.
Caring for your precious stones
Precious stones are ordered in ascending levels of hardness from 1 to 10 on the Moh scale. Opals and turquoise, which range between 5 and 6.5 respectfully, are more easily scratched, whereas diamonds, at 10, are more likely to do the scratching. The Mohs scale is a not a linear scale. Instead it ranks gems on a relative scale based on their scratch hardness; so although a sapphire is a 9, a diamond at 10 is many times harder.Being aware of the relative inclination towards scratching/being scratched is important when wearing and storing your jewelry.
Though it is valuable information, there is more to durability than just hardness. Gemologists define durability as a gemstone’s ability to withstand wear, heat, light, household chemicals, and low or high humidity. Since different gemstones have different properties, they have varying tolerances to these stressors. A gemstone’s hardness is a good indicator of how well it will resist scratches and abrasions. In evaluating a gemstone’s durability, gem experts consider three factors: hardness, toughness, and stability. No single gemstone scores a “perfect 10,” so you should weigh all three of these factors when choosing which gemstone or piece of jewelry is right for you and your lifestyle.
Diamonds fall at the far end of the hardness spectrum—they are among the hardest materials on Earth. In fact, they are so hard that they may cause damage to adjacent jewelry. We recommend not wearing a diamond ring next to, or on the same finger as, an opal ring. A loose diamond can also damage its metal setting, which is why it’s important to check for loose stones regularly and have them tightened as needed.
Emeralds are especially fragile due to naturally-occurring inclusions (imperfections in stones). Heat, chemicals, and even intense light can amplify these fractures. As with all fine jewelry, you should avoid impact, extended pressure, and extreme temperatures when wearing your emerald pieces. Emeralds are particularly prone to chipping under these conditions. Emeralds can be treated with oils to reduce the appearance of inclusions. To preserve the appearance of your emerald we recommend bringing it in as desired for re-oiling.
Emerald pieces should be worn with meticulous attention to our care instructions. The safest way to clean an emerald is gently, with lukewarm water, mild soap, and a soft toothbrush. Do not use ultrasonic cleaners, steam clears, harsh soaps, detergents, or acetone, even if the packaging says “jewelry cleaner”.
Opals are brittle stones, approximately as hard as glass. They should be worn with special attention to our care instructions, including storage. Opals can become dry and are more susceptible to damage if stored improperly. They are best kept in a soft cotton cloth, or with a piece of cotton wool dabbed with a few drops of water. Ethiopian opals, however, are an exception to this suggestion; they cannot get wet as it may damage them. Opals are also vulnerable to cracking if exposed to rapid changes in temperature.
As soft, organic gemstones pearls require special consideration in order to ensure that their nacre and luster do not become damaged or dulled. The standard rule for wearing pearls is "last thing on, first thing off". By putting your pearls on last it ensures that your perfume has a chance to dry and your cosmetics and other potentially damaging materials do not come in contact with the surface of your pearls. By taking your pearls off first it ensures that your pearls do not get scratched or caught on your garments.
Turquoise is a soft, porous stone that can be susceptible to breakage depending on the lifestyle and care practices of its wearer. For the best results with turquoise, follow our care instructions and remove turquoise pieces when appropriate. Our turquoise cabochons are secured both by jeweler’s epoxy and prongs, but that does not make them invulnerable to cracks, chips, or lost stones. It is not unusual to replace or reset turquoise during the lifespan of a piece of jewelry.
Natural turquoise may change color slightly with age, becoming greener and more variable in tone. This is a totally normal process, and the amount of change can depend upon the body chemistry of the wearer. Improper care, however, can cause a quicker, more noticeable change. Liquids such as lotions, perfumes, oils, or cleaners can accelerate the color change and weaken the stone or setting. If contact with these liquids occurs, clean gently with your fingertips, soap, and lukewarm water.
Cleaning & Storage
Polish your jewelry with a lint-free, 100% cotton cloth. Gentle cleaning with lukewarm water, soap, and a soft toothbrush is also recommended. Always check the tightness of stones before and after cleaning, especially when using a steam cleaner. Never use an ultrasonic cleaner on micro pavé stones, opals, emeralds, or turquoise. Do not brush turquoise—use your fingers to clean. We offer specially formulated Mociun jewelry cleaner than is available for purchase.
Fine jewelry should be stored securely in fabric-lined or leather-lined boxes. Pieces can also be wrapped in soft fabric. We recommend keeping an up-to-date inventory of your collection, including photographs and any appraisals, in the event that an insurance claim or police report needs to be filed.
Mociun collection jewelry is made to order and takes approximately 2-3 weeks for production. One of a Kind and Limited Edition rings take 10 business days for resizing. All jewelry orders are processed within 2 business days. You will receive an expected ship date within 48 hours of placing your order. Home goods orders placed before 3pm EST ship on the same day of purchase during the week. Home goods orders placed after 3pm EST during the week or on the weekend are shipped on the next business day. Our jewelry and home goods are shipped from Brooklyn, NY.
Shipping within the United States
We offer complementary domestic ground shipping on all orders over $200. For orders under $200, we offer flat rate $10 shipping through USPS. Jewelry packages are always insured and will require an adult signature upon delivery.
Shipping confirmations are sent once your order is en route. Ground shipping takes up to 5 business days. Expedited shipping options through UPS are offered at checkout.
We do not offer shipping to PO Boxes. Shipping to APO/FPO/DPO addresses is available and is fulfilled through USPS.
International orders are shipped via UPS. We do not offer free shipping on goods shipped outside of the United States. International shipping costs are determined by the carrier. Once an item is in your cart you can use the shipping estimator on the right side of shopping cart page to calculate shipping cost. You can also email email@example.com with your address and item(s) you wish to purchase to receive a shipping quote. Please note, all international packages are subject to taxes and duties upon delivery in your territory. Shipping quotes exclude duties and taxes. Mociun will not be responsible for the cost of clearing your items through customs.
In-store pickup is available at our Mociun Fine Jewelry location, located at 683 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn NY 11211, Monday-Friday, 11am-7pm. A $4 handling fee applies to home goods orders and includes a reusable Mociun Baggu bag. For in-store pickup, select this option at checkout.
- All Mociun jewelry is non-returnable and final sale. We are happy to make minor adjustments, including resizing or adjustments to necklace chains for an additional fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Sale jewelry is final sale and Mociun does not offer price adjustments on previous purchases.
- If your Mociun piece requires service or is received in damaged condition, email email@example.com.
Home Goods & Beauty
- Full price home goods and non-Mociun accessories can be returned for on line store credit only, within 7 days of the delivery confirmation date. Mociun does not offer refunds. Store credit expires 1 year of issuing date.
- All beauty items are final sale.
- Final sale merchandise cannot be exchanged or returned at any time.
- Worn, used or altered merchandise cannot be exchanged or returned.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate your return.
We reserve the right to refuse packages that are sent without prior knowledge. We do not offer refunds for shipping costs, credit fees or items damaged in shipping. If your items are damaged upon arrival, please email email@example.com to receive a replacement.
Repairs & Warranty
Mociun covers the cost of all repairs under normal wear for the first six month after purchase. However, if the ring is noticeably bent, shows improper care, or is damaged in any other manner, we will repair the ring at cost. We offer cleaning and stone-tightening free of charge. After the first six months, Mociun will perform repairs for a fee. Please note, that if any jeweler other than Mociun makes alterations or repairs to your jewelry, the Mociun warranty will be voided. We are also happy to make minor adjustments to jewelry, including resizing, for an additional fee. For international clients, there may be a local option for repair with trusted jewelers partnered with Mociun.
To initiate a repair, please complete our Repair Authorization Form. Our repairs team will be in touch upon receipt and review of your form.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewelry Terms & Conditions
Your purchase confirms that you have been provided with proper care information. With your purchase, you acknowledge that proper wear, care, and maintenance of your Mociun jewelry was explained and that you agree to Mociun’s terms, including our returns/exchanges, warranty, and repair policies. If this item was purchased as a gift, we encourage the recipient to visit in-person or reference our care guide to review the care of their piece.
Custom Program Administrator
We are looking for a highly
organized individual to join our team as our Customs Program Administrator. Mociun’s Custom Jewelry
Program is a luxurious and unique opportunity for customers to work directly with our Founder & Creative
Director to create a completely bespoke, one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry. This job will be headquartered at
our home office and flagship location in Williamsburg.
Successful applicants will be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple moving parts at once. This position is a project manager for our Custom Team, working with multiple different clients and third party suppliers to help create a one of a kind piece of jewelry for our clients. The key focus of the role is to facilitate a smooth and timely custom jewelry process for our clients. This role is a wonderful opportunity to work with rare and beautiful diamonds and gemstones, and incredible jewelry.
Key job duties include:
● Administration of the custom jewelry program including:
○ managing the custom calendar
○ booking of client appointments
○ liasoning with store management on upcoming appointments
○ managing client payment schedules
○ processing client payments
○ overseeing custom shipping
● Production coordination including:
○ managing the product development timeline
○ sourcing stones prior to consultation
○ partnering with the Production Team to oversee custom production
○ mapping production due dates
○ obtaining final approval on custom orders from the Founder & Director.
● Store inventory including:
○ partnering with the retail team to consistently monitor, count and organize store and gem inventory
Ideal candidates have:
● 2+ years of project management or project coordination experience
● Ability to juggle multiple simultaneous tasks
● Reliable and with a strong ability to prioritize, self manage, stay on target and deliver on time
● Lazer sharp attention to detail and well developed sense of urgency
● Exposure to and knowledge of diamonds, gemstones and jewelry production times lines and processes. GIA certs. are preferred
● Microsoft Office proficiency and Excel usage/analytical skills are a requirement
● Experience in Lightspeed or Shopify viewed favourably
● Excellent listening and communication skills
This position is based out of our home office located at 683 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn. This role will work closely with the Founder & Creative Director and Custom Sales Specialist and will require regular meetings and collaboration. This position reports to the Founder & Creative Director with a dotted line to the Managing Director.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Custom Program Administrator” to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Office & Personal Assistant
We are looking for a detail
oriented Office & Personal Assistant to oversee the operation of our busy office in Brooklyn and support
the needs of our spirited and creative team. This role will also act as a personal assistant for our Founder
& Creative Director.
A successful candidate for this role will be a self-directed individual with the tenacity to take on new tasks and complete them in a timely manner. This person should have a strong desire to drive office procedures and to make a positive impact on company culture. We are seeking someone who is well organized, flexible and self-motivated.
Key job duties include:
● Office coordination:
○ Manage all office purchases and maintain office equipment
○ Manage all external contractors including window washing, cleaning, laundry etc.
○ Make sure kitchen (and refrigerator) are always clean and stocked.
○ Maintain office environment, ensuring everything is tidy and organized
○ Paying all office related bills, including rent, utilities, etc.
○ Run office errands (to post office, grocery & hardware and office supply store, laundromat)
● Personal Assistant to Mociun’s Founder & Creative Director
○ Run ad-hoc personal errands
○ Assist with executive level administrative projects.
● Retail administrative support
○ Daily/weekly inventory counts
○ Assistance with unpacking orders
● Community management
○ Develop a company wide program for community enrichment including activities such as meditation, yoga etc. with the aim of developing our community at Mociun and keeping our staff motivated and happy
○ Calendarize all Mociun birthdays and work anniversaries and arrange a celebration for each of them
○ Organize Mociun quarterly parties, dinners, baby showers, etc.
Ideal candidates are:
● experienced in overseeing office operations
● highly organized and task driven
● seasoned at time management with the ability to prioritize their workload
● detail oriented balanced with a drive to get things done
● self-motivated with a desire to excel in their role
● able to project manage - must be able to complete a project from start to finish
● able to thrive in a fast-paced office environment
This position is based out of our home office which is located at 683 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn. This position reports to the directly to the Managing Director.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Office & Personal Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Retail Sales Associate
At our Williamsburg flagship location, Mociun is
striving to create a new type of luxury experience. Focused on offering unique and one of a kind jewelry
and exceptional customer experiences in a casual and inspiring environment.
The successful applicant will be passionate about jewelry, art and design and be excited by the prospect of working with magnificent diamonds, gemstones and Mociun jewelry. They will also be a ‘people person’ who loves getting to know our interesting clients and gets a buzz from helping them find the perfect piece.
Key job duties include:
○ Create a welcoming environment, greet each client, making oneself available to chat, answer questions and hang out
○ Build a rapport and establish long term relationships with our clients
○ Create plans and strategies to work towards sales goals
○ Provide analysis and reporting to the Store Manager on how sales are tracking, client feedback, and in store merchandise assortment
○ Ensure proper care is taken for all sales, paperwork, receipts and invoices
○ Assist with shipping requests as needed; provide quotes upon request and ship goods
○ Process returns, repairs and special orders, set up new skews in the data system
○ Participate in regular stock takes, counting inventory and reporting any discrepancies
○ Sending End of Day emails and Store Orders
○ Follow all safety and loss prevention systems and processes
● Housekeeping & Merchandising:
○ Maintain the store to luxury standard, including:
■ Preparing the store for opening in the morning and packing up the store at the end of day
■ Maintain the store throughout the day - ensuring that the displays are appealing, free of dust or dirt and replacing any sold merchandise.
Ideal candidates are:
● Passionate and seasoned sales people with a minimum of 5 years experience in a senior sales role
● Experienced in managing and reporting on sales budgets of $1M+
● Experienced in luxury sales, working with high value merchandise and VIP clients
● Exposed to and knowledgeable of diamonds, gemstones and jewelry production times lines and processes. GIA certs. are preferred
● Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel. Analytical skills are a requirement
● Experienced in Lightspeed or Shopify highly preferred
● Excellent at listening - must have stellar communication skills
This position is based out of our retail store located at 683 Driggs Ave, Brooklyn. This role will work reports directly to the Store Manager.
Mociun is a coveted and established brand in a state of evolution, currently setting its sights on a big, exciting future. If you like the sound of the above and you want to be part of a creative and driven culture, please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.